Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting home wasn't so easy

So we arrived at Lexington Airport on Tuesday morning...trying to fly stand-by.

We were told -lucky us... there were THREE seats left.

not so much.  so after some drama... it went from 3 to 2 to NONE and we had a 7 hour wait ahead of us...


The 5:20pm flight... was

DELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYED...

about 7 times...

so after about $100 of crap food and crap toys to entertain a 2 year old... we have THIS


and so...we waited..again ...and again...and again.

By 8pm - I was exhausted, annoyed and hot... I just wanted to go home.

Problem is Lexington is a very small airport.  So there was ONE option and they took advantage of that.

I called it.

hi-ho-hi-ho it's off to the Holiday Inn Express- they have a heated pool!

Well, that is...when it's not broken.

We took Tristan swimming and it was like 70 degrees.

FREEZING.  but, we swam until he had blue lips!

Then back to the hotel we went.


So after some food, after some fun... we called it quits.  8 hours at the airport - held captive by AA - and I knew the next day was round 2!

Thankfully today when went back... and the first flight was on time and we were off... the second.. in Chicago had "issues" so they sent us to the other SIDE of O'Hare... again... and finally we boarded the plane and headed home.

There are a thousand more details that I will choose to keep in my tiny little mind if I ever need to pull our some angry drama... it will take me right to that emotion - QUICKLY.

Overall, I'm doing well in old age... my patience has grown.. imagine that. 

Thanks to the Smithwicks, thanks to the Holiday Inn and thanks to AA... all of which were critical our family vacation.

SO happy to be home though.  Off to bed... boot camp in 6 1/2 hours!

Nighty night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment