Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post photo shoot.. time to explore!!

they were setting up for a wedding but that didn't stop these two!!



T's time to chase Mattie!


then hugs on break time



then off to see all the "houses" as Mattie called them...




Oh this teepee (or tipi)... I tried to explain WHY there were dead animal furs... so I told them that Indians didn't have blankets and needed to use them to stay warm...

then Mattie promptly turned me around and said "well then what's THAT?"... which OF COURSE was a blanket...

SO I tried to recover by saying that Indians used the animals for fur to WEAR but at that point she wasn't buying what I was selling!


Then off to Sod House... can you read it?


How cool is this?  Looks big until Holt stands there... made of mud - and they had to make them cheaply and in a hurry when they settled.  Crazy....



Holt was tired.... he rested...


Mattie and Tristan ran in the front door and jumped out the window..


greatness!


then off to some of the other houses - I was chasing a toddler so I don't know what they were all for..




Attempt at a family photo!


Boys exploring



Daddy chillin'


Holtie and I

and The Barbers



then Holt and Randy taught T and Mattie how to plow a field



Hard work!!



Jennifer catchin ' some great shots!

Tristan once again exploring






Mandy and Randy - they are so great about posing!

Almost time to leave...


We are hot and sweaty...


and thankful for a BEAUTIFUL place.

So thankful, I bought a year membership and plan on taking my Mom when she's here for Halloween






Kiddos are pooped... hugs and kisses for all


Then we drove home.  What a great time with the Prescotts.  Can't wait to see Kendra's professional photos!  Will post ASAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment