Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't let the ugliness in

I am sitting here looking at the news and it's horrible.  A mom kills her 3 kids, her boyfriend and then herself... the stock market is in dire straights, car crashes, a baby being run over... twice... anger, violence... destruction.  It's Christmas.  It shouldn't EVER be this way, but seriously... now? 

I was on the way to the mall for Mark for his "last minute" (A.K.A - I knew I could make YOU go) shopping (GRRRRR) and I watched people yelling, screaming and flipping each other off over parking spots and yellow lights.  Sad.  Really, really SAD.

Tristan, please don't EVER let this world get to you.  Don't ever fall prey to this ugliness.  Somehow, someway, may your heart always sail above this and may you ALWAYS try to find a way to make someone... just ONE person's day a little brighter.  This world is ugly, very ugly...but YOU can choose to be a light in it.

Choose wisely.  We get one life, live it well..... I love you and while I'm sad THIS is the world you live in - I am BLESSED beyond measure that God put you in it.

I love you, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That is simply beautiful and brought tears to my eyes....Tristan will learn from you how to be a good little boy and a good man....You are indeed lucky to have him and he is very lucky to have you as his mommy..love you both, Mom

    ReplyDelete