Friday, February 18, 2011

Why not?

Yesterday I had the BEST day with Tristan...

I cam home from the doctor and Tristan wanted to play.... so we put on our shoes and headed out.


On the way home, Tristan wanted to walk in the puddles....

I wasn't sure I should let him. 1) It was getting dark. 2) I had to get dinner ready 3) the puddle was located in the middle of two streets...one busy, one not...


So I decided... why not.

He ran through and laughed and laughed and laughed...




then, of course... he wanted to take his shoes and socks of...


hmmmm, ok...

but then take his pants off? I don't think so... it was 70 degrees but not THAT warm. He was soaked. he laid down in them put his face in them, giggled... and then...

he saw MY feet. "Mommy, shoes off"
hmmmm, how do you refuse THIS face?


Off went my shoes and man, he was SO excited.



I pulled up my pants and jumped and splashed and giggled... and when I looked up, there were 5 or 6 people watching and laughing.

I thought THIS... THIS is what life is about. Who cares if you get wet, who cares if you look goofy or if dinner is late. WHO CARES.


No one. We spend SO much time wondering and worrying what people will think. We waste hours, days, years of our lives asking if 'it's ok if we DO this or that, what will they think?"
WHO CARES people. Seize EVERY MOMENT.
Because if you don't... you won't get THIS sweet face full of joy.


I wish you could have seen mine... I was smiling and laughing JUST as hard!!
Tristan... I hope I never ever stop playing in puddles with you. I LOVE YOU!! Mommy
PS - I know, I know... and yes... we can do it again... TODAY!

1 comment:

  1. SO fun! I'm jealous. We have a few months before we can strip down outside. :)

    ReplyDelete