Sunday, February 20, 2011

When troubles seem big

I was having some internal struggle the other day. What do I do? How do I respond? Why is life SO hard? Does my job really have to be THIS crappy AND Tristan has to smash his face all in the same day? Is my family really having all of these health issues ALL AT ONCE? REALLY?

My problems...issues with life... seemed HUGE... just like this tree with all of it's branches. So I decided to play with my new camera and got some funky shots that captured my inner turmoil well...


I can name a "worry" for each of those branches you see....

but back there, I saw God... peeking out... so I knew He was there.


and I know he's not tiny... but sometimes he feels SO far away....


and untouched by my "stuff"


and I wonder how will I get out? How will I deal and survive another stressful day?


and when I held up my thumb ... the moon... was ... gone.


But I was gently reminded (and I assume this thought was God too because it was said to me in LA soooo many years ago) ... that when we focus on our problems, they seem SO big. But, when we look at them, give them to God and put them in the correct perspective... they are small.



Because quite frankly.... that tree "can't touch" the moon...
The moon is 2,160 miles long.... that is HUGE especially compared to this tiny tree.

YOU are bigger God... YOU..... I am doing my best to keep my struggles in perspective.
I trust you, I'll wait on you... I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Julie....You are a good person with a big heart and one thing I know for sure.....God loves you and so do I...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading this I thought the same sentiment that your Mom posted.....it's truly beautiful and I know, straight from your heart. We love you - you work so hard in your life in all ways! Auntie T & Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete