Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cuz it's NOT about the bunny - but I do love the candy!

Oh man...this is really hard for me... I LOVE Easter.  I love it first and foremost because my Savior rose from the dead and because of that I will have eternal life.  LOVE IT!  I love Good Friday even though it breaks my heart... I never used to like lent..and I'm not Catholic...but decided to celebrate my way by still giving something up in an effort to be "a better version of me" and I gave up complaining.  man... it's hard.  There is a fine line between giving an opinion and complaining...explaining and complaining - bleck!  But my heart knows when I have gone too far the other way.



I have friends who don't celebrate the "bunny" at all... and I know.. it's not about the bunny BUT I LOVE THE BUNNY (and the chicks!!)



SO... we will have a healthy balance of both.  Yes, we'll still leave baskets out for the bunny to fill.  Yes, we'll still dye eggs and most likely hunt for them in our house and backyard... real (Yankee) AND plastic (Texas).... and it's fun.



But, finding balance is key.  So I'll post pictures, and hopefully I'll find something better to set up in my front yard to convey that the bunny is fun but Jesus is what matters!!!



So are you about the Candy or the Christ?

I'm for both!

1 comment: