Saturday, April 23, 2011

Uncle Jack

Tristan, I wish you could have met your Great Uncle Jack.

He died on May 17, 1987... I really, really sad day for all of us but especially Aunt Trisha.


I have a thousand memories of him and they are ALL happy.

He called me Flea and he called Aunt Kelly Worm...

The moment I walked into the house, he would call me over and "make" me scratch his back... I loved every second of it... it was kind of our "thing"

He and Auntie T paid Aunt Kelly and I $.05 a pine cone to pick them all up out of the yard.  Quickly he realized he couldn't afford us so he went to a $.01. Works for me.....

He would tickle me like crazy

On Halloween we'd come over to Trick-or-Treat and he would say "Drop it!"  He would investigate our candy (a.k.a..... take his favorites) and replenish it with a ton more candy - we loved it!  If memory serves me correct... junior mints?  I didn't like those anyway....

He watched me do a million cartwheels and a trillion front walk-overs

He was a friend to all.  And it was a horrible tragedy on that day in May when he was riding his motorcycle and he was killed by a little old lady.....I guess he died doing what he loved...but it was just too soon in my book.

He will FOREVER be missed.  I love you Uncle Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet Julie - now Tristan knows his GG Uncle Jack! Thank you for these memories too - they make me smile. Love, Aunt Trisha

    ReplyDelete